Purple Corn – Zea mays L.
This variety of corn, whose farming goes back to pre-Hispanic period, is the base of some Peruvian gastronomy classics like mazamorra (soft, sweet maize-based dessert) and chicha (purple corn sweet drink). Immortalized by the chronicler Ricardo Palma in “Tradiciones Peruanas” like the favorite dessert of the Spaniards, which combines the boiled corn with dried fruit from Spain like prunes, apple and quince.
- Anthocyanin is considered a natural antioxidant which delays cell aging.
- Its consumption contributes reducing arterial pressure.
- Diminishes the capillary permeability, improving its resistance.
- Benefits cardiovascular health, improving circulation.
- Anticarcinogenic properties for colon and rectum cancer.
- Protects the ocular retina.
- Helps control diabetes.
- Juices and Smoothies
- Bakery and Pastry
- Kernels Powder
- Cob powder
- Crushed Cob
- Private Label